BACHELOR TALENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE PROGRAM
This is program selects students who have excellent academic ability, organized in small class sizes, taught by highly qualified lecturers with enthusiasm and experience, to experience new learning methods in the direction of promoting creativity.
The Computer Science talented program aims to train excellent students to provide excellent research human resources, lecturers, and experts in Information Technology. The program is organized in small class sizes, connecting students with scientific research activities, and research projects in laboratories. Talented program students win many awards in the annual Student Scientific Research competitions, Student Informatics Olympiad, and International Programming Contests.
Candidates can go to the following information pages to exchange and ask for more advice from previous students of the Program:
Facebook group of students of all generations: https://www.facebook.com/groups/elitech.tainang.khmt
After matriculating to HUST, students will enroll in the talent class in the form of:
– Direct admission (according to the admission criteria of HUST)
– Entrance exam: Math, Physics
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AND ACADEMIC SUPPORT
Scholarships and financial aid
In addition to the scholarships and financial support of HUST, students enrolled in the Computer Science Talented program with good results will have the opportunity to receive talent scholarships from the Alumni Association / IT Business Association Scholarship Fund or large corporations such as Microsoft, Samsung, Vingroup, VNPT…
Moreover, students with good teaching and research ability can participate as teaching assistants (TA, supporting lecturers), or research assistants (RA, supporting and doing research with lecturers at the university’s laboratories system) with a remuneration of up to 4 million per month, accompanied by the Official Certificate of the School so that students can have favorable conditions to apply for scholarships to study abroad. Currently, the University is the only unit implementing these programs at Hanoi University of Science and Technology.
Integrated bachelor master’s study: students have the opportunity to receive research support funds from the University, and scholarships to support postgraduate training from domestic and foreign corporations.
Student exchange scholarships and internship opportunities
Students have the opportunity to participate in transfer studies at the University of Aizu (Japan), research internships at the University of Sydney (Australia), Regensburg University of Applied Sciences (OTH, Germany), Nanyang Technological University, National University of Singapore (Singapore), Uppsala University (Sweden), Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology (Japan) …
During the course of the internship, students can experience the real working environment at more than 200 partner enterprises of the University, including many international enterprises based in Vietnam.
In addition, the University’s Alumni Network in Silicon Valley also regularly organizes supporting and consulting activities to help students have the opportunity to exchange and practice at the world’s leading technology corporations.
DURATION OF TRAINING
- Computer Science Talented program is trained according to the model of bachelor (4 years), bachelor – master (5.5 years).
- Students are involved in 3+2 transfer programs with the University of Aizu (Japan).
- Students have many opportunities to continue studying at the postgraduate level in developed countries such as Japan, Germany, Australia, the USA, and Singapore …
- Basic science knowledge and core knowledge of Computer Science include computer systems; data structures and algorithms; programming techniques; databases; analysis of software design and development; data science and artificial intelligence, and project management…
- Output standards and training program details can be found here.
- In addition, students are trained to:
- Skills: Presentation skills, organization, teamwork, and participation in research projects in the research centers of the University.
- Foreign language: Use English effectively at work, and achieve a TOEIC score of 650 or higher.
- 100% of students have jobs or study postgraduate at Hanoi University of Science and Technology and leading universities in the world right after graduation.
- Work in large corporations in Singapore, Japan, the USA, and Europe.
- Excellent students can work in Silicon Valley, USA, through the support of the ICT School alumni network in the US.
- As a core engineer for large companies in Vietnam.
- Work in Research Centers, Research Institutes, and Universities.