The undergraduate programs in Computer Engineering aim to provide high-quality graduates in three main categories: embedded systems and IoT, data communication and computer networks, and information security. Computer Engineering graduates can be computer and data communications system engineers, IoT systems developers, IoT and data communications solutions designers, and systems security solution and development specialists. Graduates from our programs possess core professional knowledge. They can apply in-depth knowledge to analyze, design, build and develop IoT system solutions, communications system solutions, services, and information security solutions.
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AND STUDY SUPPORT
Scholarships and financial aids
Scholarships from the HUST fund, alumni fund, and corporate sponsors are available for students with financial needs and with outstanding academic performance. In addition, students with good teaching and research skills can be hired part-time as teaching assistants or research assistants. In the integrated bachelor-master program, students also have the opportunity to receive tuition waiver scholarships from HUST and scholarships from corporate sponsors to support research activities.
Student exchange scholarships and internship opportunities
With the help of more than 200 partner companies, students will be provided the chance to work as interns to gain experience in a real working environment during the last 2 years of the undergraduate program. Students also have the opportunity to participate in exchange programs provided by HUST/SoICT and its partner universities.
BACHELOR OF COMPUTER SCIENCE (4 years)
Three elective modules:
- Embedded Systems and IoT,
- Computer Networks and Data Communications,
- Information Security.
BACHELOR – ENGINEER (5.5 years)
- Artificial Intelligence and IoT
- Data Communications Networks and Security,
BACHELOR – MASTER OF SCIENCE (5,5 years)
- Computer Science,
- Computer Engineering, and
- Data Science
- Basic and core Computer Engineering knowledge, including Computer systems; Data Structures and Algorithms; Programming Techniques; Databases; Information Systems Analysis, Design, and Construction; Signal Processing; Communications Engineering, etc.
- Learning outcomes and details of the program are here.
- Depending on elective modules, learners are equipped with specialized knowledge:
- Embedded Systems and IoT: methods, techniques, and technologies for building IoT systems, collecting, storing, and processing data, discovering knowledge for the design, development, maintenance, and evaluation of IoT systems, and project management.
- Computer Networks and Data Communications: methods, techniques, and technologies for building data communications and networks systems; design, development, maintenance, and evaluation of Data communications systems and networks services and project management.
- Information Security: methods, techniques, and technologies for detecting and defending attacks to information systems and services; design, development, maintenance, and evaluation of cyber security solutions and services and project management.
- In addition, learners will receive additional training:
- Skills: organizational, leadership, and teamwork skills.
- Foreign languages: use English effectively in communication and work, achieving a TOEIC score of 500 or higher.
Typical job positions:
- Career opportunities for Bachelor of Computer Engineering:
- Developers, testers, consultants, quality assurances, project managers, and team leaders in IoT solutions, data communications systems, and services development.
- Technical specialists in information technology departments of large enterprises or state-owned organizations
- Career opportunities for Computer Engineering Engineers:
- Computer and data communications systems development engineers.
- Systems architects, project managers, consultants, specialists, team leaders in IoT systems, data communications system development, technical directors;
- Engineers responsible for consulting, designing, building, evaluating, and managing network systems and services, IoT systems, and information systems for businesses and organizations;
- Systems engineers responsible for designing, building and evaluating (integrated) solutions for enterprises and organizations.
- Career opportunities after studying for Bachelor – Master:
- Solution engineers working at research and development centers of domestic and foreign corporations;
- Researchers and research assistants working at research institutes, and universities;
- Master and doctoral students in developing countries with many scholarship opportunities;