La The Vinh
Head, NAVIS Center
Associate Professor, Department Of Computer Engineering
Ph.D. (Computer Engineering, Kyung Hee University, 2012)
Eng. (Computer Engineering, Hanoi University of Science and Technology)
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Digital Signal Processing
- Embedded Systems and IoT
- Global Navigation Satellite Systems
- Smart Embedded Systems
- Precise Positioning Algorithms
- Navigation Satellite Signal Processing
- Location-based Services
Dr. Vinh graduated in 2004 and received Master degree in 2008 from Hanoi University of Science and Technology (HUST). He has been working as a lecturer at HUST since 2004. He completed his PhD about context-aware intelligent systems at Kyung Hee University, South Korea on June 2012. In recent years and in collaboration with his NAVIS colleagues, he has invested in the research of Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS), especially precise positioning algorithms.
- La The Vinh, Sungyoung Lee, Young-Tack Park and Brian J. d’Auriol, “A Novel Feature Selection Method Based on Normalized Mutual Information”, Applied Intelligence (SCI), ISSN: 0924-669X, 2011.
- La The Vinh, Le Xuan Hung, Ngo Quoc Hung, Hyoung Il Kim, Manhyung Han, Young-Koo Lee and Sungyoung Lee, “Semi Markov Conditional Random Fields for Accelerometer Based Activity Recognition”, Applied Intelligence (SCI), ISSN: 0924-669X, 2010.
- Manhyung Han, La The Vinh, Young-Koo Lee and Sungyoung Lee, “Comprehensive Context Recognizer Based on Multimodal Sensors in a Smartphone”, Journal of Sensors (SCIE), ISSN: 1424-8220, 2012.
- Spogli, Luca and Cesaroni, Claudio and Di Mauro, Domenico and Pezzopane, Michael and Alfonsi, Lucilla and Musicò, Elvira and Povero, Gabriella and Pini, Marco and Dovis, Fabio and Romero, Rodrigo and Linty, Nicola and Abadi, Prayitno and Nuraeni, Fitri and Husin, Asnawi and Le Huy, Minh and Lan, Tran Thi and La, The Vinh and Pillat, Valdir Gil and Floury, Nicolas, “Formation of ionospheric irregularities over Southeast Asia during the 2015 St. Patrick’s Day storm”, Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, Vol. 121, Issue 12, Pages 12211-12233, 12/2016.
- Povero, Gabriella; Alfonsi, Lucilla; Spogli, Luca; Di Mauro, Domenico; Cesaroni, Claudio; Dovis, Fabio; Romero, Rodrigo; Abadi, Prayitno; Le, Minh; La, Vinh; Floury, Nicolas, “Ionosphere Monitoring in South East Asia in the ERICA study”, Journal of the Institute of Navigation (NAVIGATION), ISSN 0028-1522, 2017.
- Sungyoung Lee, Young-Koo Lee, La The Vinh, “Method of Recognizing Activity on Basis of Semi-Markov Conditional Random Fields Model”, US Patent Application 20110077919, Filing Date 09/21/2010, Publication Date 03/31/2011.
- Sungyoung Lee, Young-Koo Lee, La The Vinh, “Method of Recognizing Patterns Based on Markov Chain Hidden Conditional Random Field Model”, US Patent Application 20130124438A1, Publication Date 05/16/2013.
- IT4789: .NET Programming
- IT4060: Network Programming
- IT7921: Object Classification in Realtime Environment (PhD Course)