CLIENTS: A leading Japanese IT company.
1. Job purpose
– Feature development and bug fixing of OpenStack
2. Open Positions
– 6 persons
3. Reporting Line
– Project Leader (PL)
4. Development Environment
– Hardware; IA server which can run virtual machines
– OS: Linux
5. Project Phase
– Target project phase: external design, detail design, program design, coding, unit testing,
integration testing and system testing.
– Ensure your targets (delivery date, software quality and workload) given by Project Leader.
– Communication with Project Manager and Programmers.
1) Understand detail project plan documents explained by Project Leader. Create Q&A lists in English and solve all
2) Create your weekly progress reports, your Q&A lists, and your issue lists in English
and preferable in Japanese. Attend weekly team meeting with Project Leader
in order to report your progress and to solve all issues.
– Create following outputs under the direction of Project Leader and get approval from Project Leader.
1) Documents: a detail design document, a program design document, test specification and
proposals to OSS communities
3) Quality reports: Review results reports, code review results reports and bug results reports.
4. Skill up
– Improve your productivity, software quality, technical skills (such as OS, Programming
Language, Tools, Products and Testing) and Japanese language skills year by year.
5. Team work
1) Maintain productive and harmonious relationship within team for teamwork improvement.
2) Assist other Programmers in order to solve various issues of your team.
3) Report problems of your team to your Project Leader as soon as you find
– Bachelor degree or equivalent in computer science and software engineering (mandatory)
– Experience in software development on a Linux environment (mandatory)
– English reading, writing, listening and speaking skills (mandatory)
– Experience in development of OpenStack (highly preferable)
– Experience in software development with Python (highly preferable)
– Experience in network, storage, or server management (preferable)
– Experience in software development, maintenance and support OSS (preferable)
– Experience in software development interacting with any OSS communities (preferable)
– Experience in source management with github (preferable)
– Japanese reading, speaking and writing skills (preferable