The staffs of DIS have been presided and participated in many research projects funded by the government, the ministry of education and training, the city and by international cooperation. The research results have been much appreciated and potentially transferred into application. The staffs regularly write papers to publish in academic journals as well as in national and international conferences. Research groups in the department include:
– Logic computation and applications (T.D.Khang, T.D.Khanh, D.T.Minh): Logic languages (description logic, fuzzy logic,…), decision procedures and applications in information processing.
– High performance computing (N.H.Duc, N.T.Thuy, D.D.Thanh, P.H.Phong): parallel computing, grid computing, high-performance computing on multi-core processors and GPU, developing services and applications of high-performance computing.
– Knowledge discovery from databases and applications (N.K.Anh, N.N.Quang, L.T.Huong, N.H.Phuong, N.T.Phong): detection of association rules, data clustering and classifying.
– Information searching and semantic web services (V.T.Trinh, T.T.Anh, D.B.Diep, D.T.N.Quynh, L.T.Huong): semantic web, information retrieval based on context, intelligent search engines, social network.
– Natural language processing (L.T.Huong, D.B.Lam, N.K.Anh): parsing and classifying documents, information extraction, question and answer systems, document summarizing.
Data and knowledge processing (N.T.Thuy, H.M.Thuc, V.T.Trinh, N.K.Anh, T.V.Nam, N.T.Oanh, P.T.P.Giang): data processing technology, knowledge management, decision support systems, agent-based systems.