Beside the training mission, the staffs of DCN are always stimulated in researching, especially forward to the directions requiring advanced innovations and suitable to apply in reality:
– Network performance assessment and quality of services (N.Q.Thu, B.T.Q.Mai)
– Innovation technologies and services of modern communication networks: mobile networks, next generation networking, sensor networks, optical networks, etc (D.V.Chuyet, N.Q.Thu, P.H.Hoang, T.T.D.Linh, N.H.Son, B.T.Q.Mai)
– Multimedia communication: video – audio communication, video compression, applications (N.T.H.Lan, N.L.Giang, T.N.Ngoc)
– Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS): GNSS signals processing, integrating GNSS with International Navigation System (INS), location-based services (N.T.H.Lan, N.H.Son, T.H.Tung)
– Security: network security, biometric security systems, BioPKI (N.T.H.Lan, N.L.Giang, H.S.Bang, B.T.Tung, N.V.Toan)
– Distributed computing, ubiquitous computing (N.A.Hoan)
The achievements in research of DCCN represent by many well evaluated projects at different levels: HUST, ministry, government and international collaboration. The department is hosting as the promoter of 02 national projects, KC.01.05 and KC.01.11, funded by the key national research program “Research, development and application in ICT”, KC.01/06-10.