HEDSPI stands for Human Higher Education Development Support Project on ICT, a cooperation in ICT training between HUST and Japanese universities. The project has budget approval from Japan’s ODA loan, JICA’s grant and local government. School of Information and Communication Technology takes the responsibility of executing the project in the period from 2006 to 2014. The general purpose of the project is to support the development of ICT training and education at Vietnamese universities and hence create high-quality human resource satisfying the country’s needs of industrialization and modernization. The activities in the project aim to enhance the efficiency and the quality of the training and research performance at world-wide level, satisfying the demands of ICT labour market.
-Develop a new ICT training program according to the ITSS standard of Japan; Create high-quality engineers to meet the need of manpower in the domestic and international ICT market through academic training programs reserved for undergraduate students and professional training programs reserved for junior engineers coming from ICT companies; Transfer of training programs by cooperation from Japanese experts to Vietnamese lecturers.
-Create ICT lecturers through cooperation in scientific researches with Japanese universities; Offer scholarships dedicated to teachers of Japanese language and master/PhD students in order to study in Japan.
-Improve the education infrastructure to support the training and research activities: new laboratories, computer rooms, foreign language learning rooms at international standard.
– Training ICT engineers according to ITSS standard
– 5 years-course at HUST
– Gaining the Japanese ITSS standard for ICT engineers.
– Intensive training of Japanese language to be able working in Japan
– 120 students for each promotion; 20 of them will be selected for a scholarship to study in Japan from the 3rd year
– 12 PhD scholarships to study in Japan
– 40 Msc scholarships to study in Japan
– Cooperation in graduate training with partnerships in Japan
– Training teachers of Japanese language
– Recruit teachers of Japanese language working for the project
– Send teachers to study in Japan
– 05 laboratories for research in:
– Knowledge engineering and applications
– Network engineering and communication
– Software engineering and IT governance
– Computation, multimedia and simulation
– Embedded systems and applications
– 04 modern computer rooms for practice
– 04 foreign language learning rooms.
The influence of the project
Providing high-quality human resource in ICT to satisfy the demands of domestic and international market, helping to boost the competition of Vietnamese ICT industry
Supporting to reform and enhance the ICT training and research performance at HUST
Creating a sample education model based on a connection between training, scientific research and technology transfer to reach international level